Get to Know Me – The Liebster Award
The gorgeous and ever so lovely Juliana Chow nominated me for the Liebster Award! It is a great honor and was so sweet of her to nominate me, I wrote a guest post for her while she was traveling that you can read here. This gives me the opportunity to share a little bit more about myself with you and to share with you some of my favorite bloggers. [su_spoiler title="What is the Liebster Award?" style="simple" anchor="Rules of the Lieber Award"]
The Liebster Award is an award that is given by bloggers to other bloggers. This award is an online award that gives recognition to new bloggers. This award is great for blogs that are newer. It gives these newer blogs a chance to be recognized. Being recognized for this award, and being noticed for the quality, design, and content is an excellent way for bloggers in the industry to support and recognize one another.
Questions that I have been asked to answer:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I started Kase Styles in May of this year as a creative outlet and since then it has been evolving into so much more. I have been learning and growing as a blogger and sharing what I have learned with my readers.
I majored in Fashion Marketing and wanted to start a magazine catered to those who wanted a one-stop shop for fashion, music, books, beauty and wellness. I wanted to inspire women, like me, just graduating with no idea where life was going to take them. I wanted to show them that not everyone knows where they are going to go in life, and it can be really scary, but that there can be beauty in the unknown.
I created the magazine for my senior project, but never took it further than that, until now. I even launched a blog, several years back, but the timing wasn’t right and I never had the right resources.
After several years of debating whether or not to start a blog, I decided this year that I would take the leap! Sometimes it gets overwhelming; starting a blog in a sea of blogs was very intimidating. I almost didn’t start Kase Styles just for that reason! Then I figured why not? If it fails what do I have to lose? There are millions of songs out there, but people are still singing, there are plenty of books out there, but people are still writing. If I can make just one woman feel better or feel more inspired I have succeeded. So, Kase Styles has been a success! My blog post 22 things I wish I had known by 22 is my most popular post to date, and a young woman wrote me thanking me for writing that post. Her message inspired me to dive deeper and work even harder. Blogging is an incredible amount of work, but has been incredibly rewarding.
2. What have been some of the coolest things you have accomplished so far with your blog?
Getting feedback from my readers is incredibly rewarding to me. Whenever I get an email to 'keep up the good work' or 'I love what you are doing would you consider writing about xyz?' I am elated. I couldn't ask for more than that.
Another thing I am starting to tap into now is working with brands and sharing those brands with my readers. It is really great when a brand and my vision align. I love being able to discover new things and share those new things with my readers. I never want to post anything just to post or because I was asked to. I always want all of my posts to be full of good intent and purpose and in the end always benefit the reader.
3. Name three people that inspire you, and explain why
I am inspired by so many people! Everyone I encounter in my day-to-day inspire me to maintain a positive outlook and just be my best self. I strongly believe that everyone has something unique and special to offer. That was my main reason for starting Faces of Friday.
The person I feel strongly has made me who I am was my Grandmother June. She didn't have a lot in life and was dealt a pretty rough hand, having to deal with illness all her life, but she always maintained a positive attitude. She believed in the best in people and had the best laugh! Even when she was bed ridden she made the best of it and still loved clothes and jewelry! She was the most generous person I knew.
If I had to choose three famous people that truly inspire me I would choose Cheryl Strayed, Sophia Amoruso and Arianna Huffington. I read Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed and fell completely in love with it. Now when I try to make decisions I think, "What would Cheryl Strayed do?" I am completely obsessed with her podcast Dear Sugar (based off the book). I just finished the book #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso and I related it completely. I felt like I was talking to a close friend, and one that got me. I can't wait to get started on that podcast! (Are you sensing a pattern here... ) Arianna Huffington's book On Becoming Fearless was very empowering for me and I bought a copy for my mom and sisters. All of these amazing women empower other women to put envy aside and become your best self. I am all about women that help other women.
If you had no access to technology for an entire day, how would you spend it?
Sitting in a coffee shop reading a book and then going home and soaking in a bubble bath with a glass of red wine. (You can see how here.)
5. What are some of the most important lessons you have learned so far in life?
Wow, this is a big one, and one similar to one I ask in Faces of Friday and I have yet to answer myself! I have been through quite a lot and have learned a lot of amazing things so far (you can explore some lessons I learned in 22 Things I wish I knew by 22) I would say some of the most important things I have learned:
Happiness is a choice.
Always be kind. You never regret being kind.
Admit to your mistakes.
Do not compare yourself to others.
Let go of what you can't change and enjoy the process.
Spend time with people that make you laugh.
6. If you could marry any celebrity, who would it be and why?
Oh man, I don't know how M will feel about this one...
My celebrity crushes have been based off the character they play rather than the actual person they are so that being said:
My first MAJOR celebrity crush was Adam Brody (Seth Cohen) in the OC.
Then John Krasinski (Jim Halpert) in the Office.
7. What gets you more excited than anything in the world?
Helping others, collaborating and creating something, great conversation, and anything that makes me laugh!
8. What is your favorite quote?
How to choose, how to choose... Here are a few. I can't choose one!
"Focus on the powerful, euphoric, magical, beautiful parts of life and the universe will keep giving them to you."
"Be silly, be honest, be kind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"I believe in manicures. I believe in over dressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in miracles. I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe tomorrow is another day." - Audrey Hepburn
"The best thing we can do in life is tackle the morther f**ing sh*t out of it." -Cheryl Strayed
I am obsessed with quotes (My desk is literally surrounded by them) you can check out my favorites on Pinterest.
9. Name a recent fashion trend that you cannot stand.
Gauchos. I went through a severe gaucho phase in high-school and can't go back.
10. If blogging did not exist, what do you think you would be doing instead?
I don't blog full-time but I would love to. I am a photo-shoot coordinator for my day job, and would love to write more if blogging wasn't a 'thing'. I would love to collaborate with other #Girlbosses and empower other women to do what they love.
11. Dead or alive, who would you invite for a dinner party and why?
Audrey Hepburn. I love everything she stood for. (If I could also invite a character from a TV show, Lorelai Gilmore fromGilmore Girls).
11 Facts About Me
- I am the middle of three girls. I learned to compromise early on! (Can you say middle child syndrome?)
- I have moved A LOT.
- I am gluten-intolerant. (unfortunately)
- I wear a lot of black. I only wear "neutrals" (black, white, beige, grey and some red). I like to think of it as being versatile and classic.
- If I didn't go to school for Fashion Marketing I would have gone for Literature, Anthropology, or Journalism. I love studying people and cultures.
- I am hyper aware to others' emotions but like to hide my own.
- I have the cutest dog in the world, his name is Harper.
- I am getting married September 24, 2016.
- I love to travel. So far my favorite city has been Prague.
- I have a sushi roll named after me. If you ever come to Wausau, WI make sure you go to Shang Hai Grill and get the Kasey roll!
- I have a slight obsession with Starbucks and get a hazel nut soy latte on the regular.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Mariam from The Petite Bijou
Kait from Make Mine Maroon
Janna Doan from Janna Doan
Chelsea Annelise of Blush and Bubbly
Taylor Aube of Stop, Drop, & Vogue
Kristin of A Midwestern Mix
Anna of Peppered in Style
Haleigh Hall of Sincerely Hales
Julianna of Blush and Camo
Keep up the good work ladies! Can't wait to read your responses.
Rules of the Lieber Award
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger has given you
3. Give eleven facts about yourself
4. Nominate up to eleven other bloggers
5. Let them know you nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer [/su_spoiler]
11 Questions For My Nominees
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2.Wher are you from?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
4. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
5. Who is your favorite blogger?
6. What inspires you?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. What's your favorite part of blogging?
9. What's your favorite brand?
10. Name three people who inspire you and explain why
11. What's the most important lesson you have learned so far?
Shop This Post: